Friday, May 19, 2006

A Journey to Remember!

Woke up to reality as train started marching towards Belguam, took newspapers and started glancing towards the headlines. I was not really sure of what life had in store for me on that day!

Moti Aunty!

As I was reading thru my newspaper couple of strangers surrounded me (one of whom was a fat aunty) and were demanding to vacate the seat which I had occupied, for which I objected and continued to go through whatever I had in my hand! My silence really added fuel to Aunt’s anger and she started using best ever abusive language she can use!
Suddenly another half a dozen of her relatives surrounded me and demanded to vacate the seat. As usual I stayed put at my place and ignored all their tantrums! (Though at times I felt I should have, but then resisted the temptation to have a GO). Well, this continued for a while until other passengers started shouting at Aunty and asked her to keep quiet. Ignorance is bliss at times :-)

Gentleman from Air Force
When all these were happening there was one spectator who was watching all these in silence, and caught up with me later. During my conversation with him what really caught my attention was that he was traveling from Jaipur to Mysore to take an exam, which he has to essentially pass to become eligible for his promotion. What a novel Idea!
I know public sector banks/railways do conduct these kinds of exams which make one eligible for a promotion. I sincerely wish our software guys take this up for promotions to reduce some clutter at the top :-)

Guess the word
Enroute my journey, then I had a company of a family with two little kids. As I was lying around in peace, noticed two girls playing a little game. Game goes like this ->
- One girl covers the ears of other and whispers some thing
- Other one has to yell out what this girl has whispered.
What was amazing was, as they played along these two girls whole range of topics from their family, nature around, some real good scientific terms, plants, animals, birds.. and a host of such general knowledge things. Out of curiosity I just asked elder girl about the name of the game which they were playing, for which she had no answer but replied “Me and my sister enjoy this game”.. She was absolutely right! they had so much fun playing that and had passed on so much knowledge to her younger sibling.

After some time these two started playing “Kaikasu” (a game where in one will rub both hands and try to escape from the hits given by another) with their “Pa” … I couldn’t control humming my favorite Dev Anand’s song.. “ My Jindagi ke saath nibhata chala gaya.. Har Phikr ko dhuvein mein udata chala gaya

After wading its ways though fields/dry lands and bridges train stopped at a signal near Bangalore. I switched on my mobile which barely survived my atrocities on that day :-), to see an SMS.. “Namma Bengaloorige Suswagatha.. “ hmmm…Life is getting better off me.. and getting more beautiful :-)

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. prayANada anuBava kathana cennAgide. aMda hAge nIvu hesarisida ATadaMtahaddE innoMdu ATavide. adara hesaru kai kAyisu eMdu. eraDU hastagaLannu ujjuvudariMda bisi Eruvudu. idakke kai kAyisu ennuvaru. adalladE hoDetavannu tappisikoLLalu kAyisu ennuva pada prayOgavU ide.

    muMbayiya nimma anuBavavannu kathAmAlikeyAgi bareyiri. muMbayi bagge EnE bareyali tiLidukoLLalu bahaLaShTiruttade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir.

    Mumbai bagge bareya beku. Pradeepa agale tumba barediddane.. Time adaga nanu kooda bareyuttene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...